Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Macrobiotic Summer Traveling

It's been a long, active summer here at Studio Mugen. We traveled to many places including the East Coast for the Kushi Institute Macrobiotic Summer Camp which was a full of new friends, delicious food and beautiful weather!




I also attended the French Meadows Summer Camp where I taught three classes: Eat Healthy, Live Happy, Make New Moon Wishes (including what and how to eat at new moon time), Beautify Yourself Inside for Your body and Soul and a cooking class to learn how to recognize your skin color condition to beautify yourself with remedy drinks.    

Eric had the chance to travel to the Big Island for work and I joined him.
-->
I became very careful and making a plan a head of time before I do anything after I had to had a serious car accident in 2001. It is good to make plans, but I feel that I lost adventure of doing spontaneous. This summer I had a sudden invitation to go to Big Island of Hawaii and my first answer was “No” because I did not make a plan to go and there is nobody to take care of office and nobody to take care of our dogs and cats family at home since my regular pet sitters were not available.

I have had PTSD from the serious car accident in 2001 - I was scared to do many things and sometimes not even able to go out side house. I come a long way to heal myself since the car accident after I healed myself from the cancer that I had in 1993. Because of PTSD and my physical limitation I still do not drive a car so some people have asked me how I live in Los Angeles without car, but my life is very active and I have learned to live more sustainable life for my true health and happiness without driving. Of curse sometimes I know that I need to challenge for me to do something different and move forward. I felt that this sudden invitation to go Hawaii was one of my challenges to try out.

Once a I diced to take this invitation I moved quickly and looked for a new pet sitter so  I found new pet sitter. My friends and neighbors also offered to take turn to take care of my dogs & cats family and water my vegetables garden etc. I was concerned to take a flight my own since I had a horrible experience and missed flight because I could not walk fast enough to get to a connection gate, but everything went smooth this time and I made to Kona, Hawaii. Eric came to pick me up with a beautiful lei and took me to beach right a way. The warm Hawaiian wind helped to relax me right a way. I felt so grateful that I took this spontaneous opportunity.

 

In the morning I took shower outside with blue sky with my favorite Hawaiian flower of white plumeria and ate delicious Hawaiian breakfast (vegetables white miso soup, oatmeal with  papaya and white plumeria )with a guest of electric green color, Gekko. Then went to farmers market and found Hawaiian Kabocha and Daikon radishes… got taking a photo with beautiful flowers. In the afternoon we played Ping-Pong at beach and I surprised Eric because I beat him and we laughed so hard when every time when I got a point. Since the car accident I lost mobility of my legs and have chronic nerve pain always I have not been able to play sport much.

 

He said after 23 years he did not know that I could play Ping pong I am a full of surprised to him so what else I am hiding from him. It made me so happy to see that he was laughing and happy to do something with me. Before I injured my legs we did so many things together, water ski, scuba diving, ski and traveling many different places. I hope that we play sports and start to traveling again.
Eric was working a lot as his client’s private chef so I decided to take Hawaiian culture classes everyday while he was working: Ti leaf lei making, shell craft, Hula dance, and of course ukulele - I met Aunt Dizzy who was 84 years olds and teaching how to play Hawaiian ukulele.

 

I enjoyed so much learning Hawaiian history this time more than ever and I felt that I was Hawaiian girl previous lifetime. Now I am very happy to be return to home in Santa Monica and how much I appreciate what this short trip gave me for. My life with Eric, dogs and cats family and friends and neighbors who love and support us so much. Also Seed Kitchen’s staff work very hard to keep our business strong, even when we are traveling.


With gratitude and love, 
Sanae


1 comment:

Sunshine Alternative Mama said...

I know this is an older post, but I just read it. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! I saw myself in much of what you wrote, and so I too will try to be more spontaneous.