Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Personal Lifestyle of Sustainability

Hi, everyone! I am Nobu from Seed. Now, I am very interested in self-leadership to create sustainable development. I believe that we must lead ourselves first when we truly deserve a social change. For me, to lead myself to the conscious, creative level is to lead this society to the sustainable one. Today, I would like to talk a little bit about my personal sustainability project (PSP).

First, we use biodegradable cups, containers, and utensils at Seed, but to reduce trash as much as possible, I regularly bring my own chopstick, plate and cup when I have a job there. Instead of using disposable ones, I can deepen the consciousness of appreciation by taking care of my belongings .

Second, we clean up our neighborhood every Sunday from 10:00am to 12:00pm. For me, cleaning up streets is almost identical to cleaning up my mind. I can create a meditative state of mind and develop a sense of contribution when I concentrate on sweeping on the streets.

These two things- appreciation and contribution- are great seeds to bring about change for the better in personal and social life. We always need to plant these seeds and keep nurturing them. Then, we can pick some fruits later. To enhance our life and this society, we can start anything we can do now with these appreciation and contribution.

I always believe that the first small step each person takes will create a big change in the future.
Thank you.

Nobu

No comments: